- Dr. Debra Kirkhus, Principal
- Mrs. Michelle Rivas, Asst. Principal
- Main Office | 845-855-4607
- Fax | 845-855-4636
DRILL ANNOUNCEMENTAttention Parents,On Wednesday morning, November 7, 2018, Pawling Elementary School practiced a lockdown drill. Students and staff will continue to debrief and update safety procedures with each drill. Thank you all for your cooperation.Pawling Elementary
BOCES Capital Project Information
Dutchess County needs facilities to provide current, high quality instruction to students, teachers, administrators, and the community.
This project will consolidate K-12 programs to one campus, improve security, address ADA compliance, and enhance facilities. It will improve the offerings available for more than 50,000 Dutchess County students.
This $36.8 million project will cost each household between $6 and $14 per year*. The project is eligible for $24.6 million in state aid.Pawling Central School District
Fall 2018 Newsletter
Pawling Central School District - Fall 2018 NewsletterPawling Central School District
Managing School Notifications
Pawling CSD uses the SchoolMessenger callout service to contact you about emergencies, school closings, and early dismissals, as well as to remind you about school activities and important dates. As we look to reduce the paper we send home, we will be increasingly using SchoolMessenger to email forms and pertinent school and district information.
SchoolMessenger has recently upgraded their system and it will now be even easier for parents and guardians to set their notification preferences and to add additional contact information to the system.Pawling Central School District
Pawling High School
Pawling's Got Talent 2018
Local Talent Show to benefit Pawling Public Radio held in the Pawling HS Auditorium.
Tickets at $7.00 per person are on sale now at The Annex Florist and The Book Cove. Doors open at 6pm for general seating.Pawling Central School District
Elementary School Parent/Teacher Evening Conferences 6:30-8:30 pmPawling Central School District
Middle School Pictures Make-Up DayPawling Central School District
BOE Mtg, ES 7:30pmPawling Central School District
Grade 5/6 - YMCA TripPawling Central School District
Fall Varsity Sports Awards HS, 7-9:30pmPawling Central School District
Hall of Fame Ceremony, PHS, 12:00pmPawling Central School District
Welcome to the Pawling Elementary school community! At our school, we work hard to ensure a safe, nurturing, and academically challenging environment in which all students can benefit. With parents, educators and community working together, we are confident that your child will flourish.
Our goal at Pawling Elementary is to provide an excellent educational environment so that every child may reach his/her full potential. The Common Core Standards continue to be the focus of our curriculum development efforts throughout our school. An abundance of information regarding the implementation of the Common Core Standards in New York State can be found on the engageny.org website. Also, if you click on the curriculum tab on the left side of this page, you will be directed to specific information pertaining to Mathematics, English Language Arts, the 3rd and 4th grade NYS assessments, and other useful parent information on the Common Core. We encourage everyone to explore these rigorous standards.
At Pawling Elementary School we work as a team for each and every student. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any issues or concerns. We look forward to an outstanding and enjoyable year ahead!
Dr. Debra Kirkhus
Pawling Elementary School Newsletter October 2018
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We have had a great start to the 2018-2019 school year, and it is hard to believe a whole month has gone by! Our Open Houses were well attended; thank you for visiting us and learning more about our school and your child’s classroom experience. Parent Teacher conferences are being held on November 15th (evening) and 30th (all day). If you did not get a chance to sign up for a conference time at Open House, please contact your child’s teacher to make an appointment.
We’ve already practiced seven fire drills during the month of September and we will soon start practicing our lockdown drills. Please note that our school district’s “EARLY DISMISSAL DRILL” is this coming Friday, October 5th. Dismissal is 15 minutes earlier than normal, so please be aware that buses will drop off children 15 minutes earlier than usual. Please plan accordingly!
Coach’s Corner – brought to you by Janine Garrison, Literacy Coach
What is Mrs. Garrison currently reading in her house?
Are you looking for a fun family read aloud? Press Here and Mix it Up are a huge hit in my house. My boys love these books. We have read them just about every night since school began. Each book sparks curiosity, is super engaging and fun! There is also a companion game that is a great addition to these titles. I’d love to hear what are your family favorite read aloud is.
- It is important to not drop children off at school before 8:45 a.m. each day. They cannot enter the building before 8:45 a.m.
- Please be sure to contact the main office in writing of any phone number updates and/or additions to your emergency contact information. All address changes must be done through our district office #855-2658.
- Please put your name on all of your child’s belongings; we already have a collection started in our lost and found!
- Please remember that the front parking lot is “one-way” during parent drop off in the morning. The parent drop off area consists of a single lane of cars. For safety reasons, please remember to drive slowly, and do NOT pass the line of cars that are dropping off children. Even if you parked and walked your child into the building and/or had an early meeting in the school, you must go through this line to exit the parking lot. The line moves very quickly (and smoothly) when everyone cooperates.
- Please be sure that you are signed up for SchoolMessenger (our emergency alert system). If you have questions about your account, please call Joan Roberts at (845) 855 - 4695.
- Important note about Camp Herrlich’s before and after care program and weather closings/emergencies:
- When the Pawling School District is closed, Camp Herrlich is closed.
- When the Pawling School District has a delayed opening, Camp Herrlich is closed that morning.
- If there is an early dismissal (unplanned for weather or an emergency), Camp Herrlich is closed that afternoon.
- If the Pawling School District cancels after school activities, Camp Herrlich bases its decision to close their program on the weather, and parents are informed via email from Camp Herrlich.
SPIRIT WEEK AT PES LEADING UP TO HOMECOMING:
Tuesday, October 9th – Pajama Day
Wednesday, October 10th – Hat Day
Thursday, October 11th – Crazy Hair Day
Friday, October 12th – School Spirit Day – wear Pawling colors (orange/black) or spirit wear
October Dates to Remember
October 9 Board of Education Meeting, Pawling High School 7:30pm
October 12 Homecoming Parade, line up at 5:30pm
October 22 Elementary School Picture Day
Important Upcoming Calendar Dates to Remember
November 1 PTA meeting @ 7pm, PES Library
November 8 District Health and Wellness meeting, 3:40pm, Pawling Elementary School
November 9 No School for students – Supt’s Conference Day/Teacher Professional day
November 12 No School – Veteran’s Day
November 15 Parent/Teacher Conferences in the evening
November 21 - 23 No School – Thanksgiving Break
November 30 No school for students – Parent/Teacher Conferences all day
December 4 3rd Grade Winter Concert – 7pm, Pawling High School Auditorium
December 6 4th Grade Winter Concert – 7pm, Pawling High School Auditorium